Friday, September 25, 2009

Personalities Continued

God has often been described as the Hound of Heaven. Hounds are interesting dogs. Known for their hunting and tracking abilities. Thus, you could think of God as a unrelenting Pursuer of your Heart. If He wants you, He'll go to great lengths to get you.

There is a lot about my personality that I have found lacking. I'm not one of those sparkly people that lights up the room when I enter. I'm not overly charming and polite. I'm not so charismatic that people are drawn to me and remember me for my wit. As I alluded to yesterday, I really am quite the royal pessimist and it plays out not so great in my personality. In fact, sometimes I find my personality down right ugly. There are many aspects of it that I wish God would go ahead and change already.

*sigh*

Funny that I have been thinking about personality lately. Actually, God is quite funny. I've just recently been attending Bible Study Fellowship. We are studying the Gospel of John. Today we have been studying the first 5 verses:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Along with Colossians 1:16:

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

We were asked to find additional information in the Colossians verse that was not in the John verses. One of the things that I focused on that all things were created by him....for him. Then I was struck by the next question in our study: "How does this relate to all true fulfillment of human personality?"

I think I read that question a half a dozen times. As I thought about all of my answers, I really wasn't sure...except the "created by him and for him." Did they really mean my personality? I suppose they did since God has been making me dwell on how personalities accept grace.

It is probably going to take a while for me to fully grasp that God made my personality. And He made it for Him.

There's a lot there.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss hearing from you.