Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17, 2013

I have now renamed this post at least half a dozen times. 

I don't want to name it Re-Entry....because I've tried that before.  And failed.

I don't want to name it "Longing for Something." either.  Pretty sure I've said that before too.  So cliche.

I flirt with calling it "Rediscover."  But, "Rediscover" and I wrestle together on a consistent basis and I'd hate to let him think that maybe this time he had won the battle.

Maybe I should call this post:  "Who am I?"  Whoa..  Don't think so.  I'm pretty sure that is "Rediscover's
 alter ego.   Nice try.

So....why ponder this?  Why is it that I feel the push to write....and yet the ideas and the words don't seem to be there. They dance in the shadows and throw flirtatious glances my way.  Daring me and then running the other way, laughing at my frustration.  What's with that?

There was a time that I wrote.... so that at the end of the day...there was something.that was done.  And once the publish button was pushed, it couldn't be undone.  And if I was lucky, what was done would be beautiful.  Unique.  Different.  Decent. (and... dare I whisper it...)  Worthy.

Writing: a journey, a treasure hunt, a hacking through the jungle of  tangled, wild, hidden thoughts.  Slash that lie.  Turn that corner.  Dodge.  Weave.

AH.  HA! THERE YOU ARE! 

0 comments: