Friday, August 8, 2014

Shadowed Places

Have you ever thought of how closely light and darkness are connected?

Wait.

Pause.

Back the train up, Girlfriend.

 God is calling me to look at that statement a little closer. 

My first idea was looking at a leaf in brilliant light.  So bold.  So green.  Brilliant.  Yet, underneath that leaf, is darkness....a shadow.  One could not have light without having darkness right beside it.  And as I paused in that thought, I think God began to change change my direction.  Darkness doesn't really exist.  It is just varying levels of LIGHT. 

Looking at that from a spiritual point of view, as people have often equated darkness with sin, that statement of darkness doesn't really exist seems wrong.  We all know that sin is real. It is present.  We see the effects of it on a daily basis.  But what makes the Darkness of Sin non-existent is that the God of Light has overcome it.  Varying shades of LIGHT.  LIGHT WINS! Always. 

To God be the Glory!

This day, I feel like I'm walking in a shadowed place.  (Oh my, I find that God is speaking to me as I type!)  At first, it is scary.  Tragic.  I want to scream.  WHERE IS THE LIGHT?  And as I type that, I am enveloped.  Like a baby sparrow hidden in the wings of her mother.  Or should I say, Father?  My favorite image.  MY image.  My shadow is the shelter of His wings. 

In Him, I find rest. 

0 comments: