Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh my....

Has it really been that long since I have posted on my blog????? How time does fly.

I think that my brain has been on vacation lately. Sounds great in theory. But in reality....oh my....so not good. I have been ditching responsibilities left and right. Not necessarily intentionally, just simply forgetting. Next thing you know...a week and half goes by.

But I love my blog. I miss unloading my thoughts on here. Like, today, Luke and I were sipping on some water as we waiting for our laundry to finish up at the laundry mat. (Old washer went belly-up, new one arrives on Friday) As Luke took a sip today, he says: "Mom, this water is so refreshing. Don't you think it is refreshing? Is all water refreshing? I think that all water is refreshing. Yes, it is refreshing." I swear....he said refreshing that many times!! So cute. So mature. (Didn't even know he knew the word refreshing!) Then he sat in my lap and sang "Muffin Man" and some of his own variations of that song. I loved hearing him actually say, perfectly, "Drury Lane." Ah....the peace that spoke to my heart. I know...silly....but it tells me so much of where he really is at.

And speaking of where Luke is....we are having success with learning out letters. That little man is so very stubborn. I took him a couple of weeks ago to have his hearing evaluated. His hearing is normal...and the speech therapist told me that his speech patterns and sentence structures are at age level....or ADVANCED. Yeah!! After working with him for the last couple of months, I have concluded that he just lacks the confidence in himself. I am praying against the lies that he has stored in his head. I'm trying to help him find value in the things that he is learning. When he assigns it a value....he learns. He is also LOVING reading. He has two particular books that are his favorites. We read them every night. He practically has them memorized....and they aren't particularly easy books to memorize.

I have lots of stored up stuff to say. I need to start carrying around a notebook, because I think of things when I am away from a computer. Then, when I'm tired, and I have slowed down enough to write, my brain can't think of them. I refuse to say that it has anything to do with getting older.....

Thanks for sticking with me. Things will get back to normal....soon. It is a promise I've made to myself. My blog is my therapy....and its cheaper than a psychologist!

0 comments: