Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Something to be thankful for....

My washer has been in its death throes for the last year or so. And it wasn't going quietly. Each wash sounded like a freight train barreling through my house. There was no doubt where the machine was in its cycle when the final spin was going on. I never liked to run it after the kids were in bed....I thought for sure that it would wake them up.

AND...it leaked like nobody's business. It was down right pathetic. It got to the point that I started putting towels under it to catch the water. I use to only have to use one towel per wash day. At the end, I was putting a new towel under there every load....and the towels would be soaked. Crazy. But, just like our old cars, Tim said that we were going to use it until it died.

Last Monday, it finally gave up the ghost. I went down after putting a load in to put it in the dryer. There it sat...humming...but no spinning. Clothes were soaked. No matter what I tried to do....it wouldn't work. After calling Tim, he informed me that he would look at it when he got home. That night, I had to leave for a meeting before I got to see "the verdict." But when I got home, Tim was researching new ones.

What?????

It gets even crazier. By Friday, I had a new washer sitting in my laundry room. A brand spanking new washer. For Tim, that is almost unheard of....especially so quickly.

No complaints. No arguments. I'll take it. Thank you very much!

Yesterday and today have been my first laundry days with my new washer. Can I just say WOO HOO!! It is so quiet. I can't even tell when it is done. In fact yesterday, I went down there and actually had to look at the lights to know if it was in the final spin or not. And it was!! It was so quiet. Unbelievable!! I can almost enjoy doing laundry now!

Needless to say, I am a happy housewife. Thank you, TimJ!

0 comments: