Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Inner Nudge

Today I followed through on a nudge that I felt God gave me on Sunday. For the first time in a while, I see hope. I've been clinging to God's promises....but my vision on how how God was possibly going to work has been beyond me. I have often felt that even though God promises something that Faith still requires us to do something. At times, I believe we have to be like the Israelites and put our feet into the Jordan before God stops the flow of water so that we can stand on dry ground. For the last couple of weeks, I haven't known where to place my feet. I've sure wanted to put them somewhere, but I didn't know where.

Sunday, as I was walking by someone in our church, I felt like God nudged me. It was this knowing in my heart that I needed to pursue a conversation with her in regards to my issue. I just knew. So, yesterday, I called her and arranged to visit with her today. Today, Luke and I went over there....and I sensed hope. I sensed direction. I think I may have found our Jordan. I at least know where I need to get my feet wet. Hope is a good thing.

I would love to believe that now our journey will be finished soon. Yet, I know that it will still be a long haul. I can't imagine how long it took for the millions of Israelites to cross over the Jordan...I'm sure it took a while. So I imagine it will take us a while to walk this journey. At least I have hope.

And, for now, that is enough.

0 comments: