Monday, November 3, 2008

Verses for This Day

I love to read. Fiction is my genre of choice. To say that I can't find truth in fiction would be a falsehood. Thank goodness...because God spoke to me today through a book of fiction. Thank you, Jesus.

I was reminded of a favorite verse of mine:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understand, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


I've been having a lot of anxious thoughts. Praying, yes, but still lots of anxious thoughts. I need God's peace. The character of the book I am reading expressed my thoughts very well.

"'I'm not nervous. I'm scared to death. But God's giving me enough peace that I'm still sitting here, taking this ride. I'm here and I'm breathing, and right now, that's enough.'"


And then one final, precious verse:

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comments:

Bea said...

I just stumbled on your blog but it was what I needed. You seem to be reading the script of my life recently. Anxiety in the forefront but I'm still here. Thanks for making me feel not so alone.