Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Ultimate Thankful Thursday

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
--Thornton Wilder



I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get on here and do a thankful Thursday post. The problem with the Modern Age is computers everywhere. It was quite amusing to see my family all cozy on the couches....everyone with their own computer. We joked that one of these days we will all be sitting around the living room, instant messaging each other instead of using actual words.

Even though the last couple of months have been difficult, and I don't see things getting all that much easier, I still must be mindful to be thankful. God truly has blessed me and to not acknowledge those things would be a shame. The theme of my life has been and will continue to be: To God be the Glory!!

So, today, on the Thursday that the whole nation decides to be thankful, I am thankful for:

  • My home. I truly am blessed. God did so good in leading us to this house. With time, effort, and hard work, I fall in love with it all over again....all the time. In the world's eyes, it may not be a mansion, but to me, it is the ultimate mansion.
  • For my husband. He puts up with quite a bit. For being a level-emotioned individual, he does fairly well put up with his roller-coaster wife. I am thankful for his hard work, his dedication, and his character. God is good.
  • For my children. What beautiful children I have. God did so good when He made each one of them. Though, at times, they challenge me to the utter limits, I am so blessed. Each one of them is a fathomless treasure with so much left to explore. God is so good.
  • For my kids' teachers. For Luke's teacher, who is so patient, so encouraging, and is going above and beyond. For Caden's teacher, who loves him and "gets" his sense of humor. For Daria's teacher, who trusts her and gives her more responsibilities. God is good.
  • For my friends. They encourage me, stand beside me, help me, and pray with me and for me. God is good.
  • For my church. I so love that place. God has filled it with beautiful people. I love to go there and feel the peace that surrounds me when I walk through the door. It truly is my second home here on earth.
  • For my family. We have had a wonderful week together. So many times, I wished that we lived closer. Yet the times we have together are valuable gems we store in our memories. I could go on and on regarding this subject, but I'm sure I would soon be a crying mess. Just trust me here.
These are my treasures. Breathe them in.

0 comments: