Thursday, August 23, 2007

Camping....Mobilized Stress

I am in need of a cathartic experience right now. I am feeling the stress so strongly right now that I just want to find a quiet corner and cry. This is an impossible thought right now as there are currently 4 children in my house and I have the list of things to do that is at least a mile long.

::::waaaaaaa::::::

There....my crying is now done....for the next five minutes at least.

I use to love to go camping as a kid. What adventures we use to have. I now would like to share a moment of silence in honor of my Mom for all her labors through the years to prepare our family for our many camping excursions.

:::::sounds of crickets chirping:::::

I now must express my sincerest apologies to my mother for:
A. My ingratitude regarding all your labors and "extras" you provided.
B. My ingratitude at the mountains of laundry you washed before and after departure
C. Any grumblings I may have expressed at your requests for my help and participation.

You, Mom, are a Camping Goddess!

I must also, I suppose, give credit to my Dad, too. I am sure, being an educator who had summers "off," you were a help to Mom. Kudos to you, as well. I know that you were a big help to Mom and my memories are blessed because of that.

At this point, I was going to go on and on in complete Martyr Mode....but.....in paying honor to my parents...I will now just shut my mouth.

2 comments:

Tresa said...

Cute blog! I'll be praying that you have a great time camping! I hope that you find all the stress and work worth it! Wish we were tagging along!

Love you...T

Kristin said...

David is always saying, "Let's go camping! You guys always went camping when you were younger...you used to love it"

My response is, "When we went camping when I was a kid, the most 'work' I ever had to do was help out with the dishes after we ate. Other than that, the days were mine to spend as I liked, and I never had to prep before or clean up afterwards".

Now, I feel like you do---a ton of work before, during & after, and for what? Not my idea of relaxation...It's also just a change of venue for child-watching, although now we've added the extra dirt & a fire!!! aspect. No thank you!

Good luck my friend. I'll be praying for you!

K~