Friday, August 24, 2007

Parting Shot

I couldn't leave today on our camping trip without one final parting shot. Apparently my kids have the same idea because there is now a full blown fight going on in the living room. (all this broke out as soon as I typed in the title "parting shot!" Such is life....)

I think I may just go through blogging withdrawals this weekend. It has been so therapeutic to sit out my computer and pour out my thoughts. Sometimes I sit down to just vent...but no one really wants to hear all that....so my perspective gets changed and I am relieved. Yeah. So....may the withdrawals begin.....brace yourself, Christine.

I have high hopes of a good weekend. So far, we have had some issues....but I am hopeful that the change of venue will do us all good. Tim called a little bit ago to ask if I had everything set aside to be packed into the van. If he'd a been standin' here, I'd a smacked him. So far today, I have finished last minute clothes and food packing. I have gone through the kids' personal backpacks to make sure that all stuff stashed is "camping approved." Caden's personal stash got knocked down from two STUFFED bags to one moderately stuffed bag. He was hoping I wouldn't go checking. I had put a two-animal limit on stuffed animals...and I think I found eight! After that, the kids and I needed to run to the church (for a book for Mom), to the post office, and to the grocery store for a new lighter and some ice. Can you believe that Albertson's did not carry lighters? (should have bought it last night at Safeway!)

So...Tim's on his way and he had better not find me at the computer. ::::ducking my head:::: So....I will say goodbye for the weekend. I may have to take notes of my blogging thoughts while I am out in the wilds of Eastern Oregon. It may stave off the withdrawals. (ooops....just been caught by The Man.) Pray for us...for me...this weekend.

Off to brave the Wilds.......

0 comments: