Wednesday, August 29, 2007

How high can you pee?

I was feeling the itch to blog this morning. I sent the kids outside for a while...so there is relative quiet in the house. I was going to write about the sounds of summer coming to an end....but that really didn't inspire me much. I guess that I am dragging my heels a little that summer is so quickly coming to an end. My kids head back to school next week. Part of me is popping-out-of-my-skin excited....and part of me is screaming NOOOOOOOOO! I love the warm of summer....dreading the cold wet of winter.

So, as I was bemoaning the pending end of summer, I lost my inspiration to talk about that. I need a little humor. I would be willing to bet a mud pie at Red Robin that you will at least have chuckled a little bit by the time that I end this post. (Now that I've said that, you all are going to be thinking your dourest thoughts and I am sure I will be broke from buying mudpies before I can blink an eye.)

As I mentioned in another post, I call Caden my Grumpy Boy. That boy can find the needle in the haystack of complaints on anything. Precious boy. (Good thing I love him so much.) He gave me one of the biggest chuckles this last weekend camping. I was chuckling so hard that he was grumpy....not for laughing necessarily..but I'll get to that.

Have you noticed that when you ask a child to go potty before you leave somewhere, they always declare that they don't have to go? I learned this cool trick once that has helped me win that battle. When we get ready to go...I always tell them they need to put at least two drops of pee in the toilet. (of course....there always seems to be more....imagine that!!!) Anyway, we were getting ready to get in the van to head home and I wanted everyone to empty their bladders. So...I started this game....who can get to the outhouse first and deposit their two drops. The order of arrival...thus the order of peeing....was Daria, Luke, Caden, and Mom. Man...How come I'm always last????

As we are waiting, the power of suggestion was too strong for Caden....he HAD to go....and waiting for Caden is nigh on to impossible. So, I suggested that he use the neighboring tree. I am sure that many of you have never seen Caden pee...but let me tell you...that boy has got some serious water pressure. He can shoot higher and farther than any boy, teen, or man around. (Not that I have personal knowledge about that for all the other boys, teens and men of the world. Oh man...let me just stop there...I'm digging myself a hole....) Noting that Caden is getting pretty high water marks on the tree...I asked him how high he could pee. Of course, he leans back and water marks start climbing higher and higher.

I got the giggles so bad. I couldn't hardly stop myself. Daria was curious why I was chuckling so I asked her if she could pee that high. She just rolled her eyes at me. By this time, Caden is done, and he turns around. He has got one of "those scowls" on his face. I am still chuckling. I am trying to apologize....he hates to be made fun of....but I can't hardly breathe by now.

Now, usually, when Caden makes "that scowl," I am in some serious hot water. I was dreading the tirade that was going to follow. The bad thing was....I couldn't stop giggling so that I could "take him seriously." Come to find out, he wasn't mad at me for laughing in general...he was mad at me for laughing....because...."I CAN PEE HIGHER THAN THAT!"

Mental note to self: Next time I ask Caden to see how high he can pee...ask him at the start...when his "water pressure" is stronger.



Did I make you laugh....a little?????

1 comments:

Tresa said...

Tell Caden that his auntie is proud of him! :)

Great story...you owe me mud pie!

Hugs!
T