Monday, August 20, 2007

Code Words

I just had an enlightening moment. Sometimes talking with children can be complete guesswork. It is completely frustrating to the parent as well as the child. Luke and I had a situation like this this morning. Looking back on it.....now that I am now in "The Know"....I am just chuckling.

This past weekend, our church had their semi-annual rummage sale. My thoughts on that could be a whole other lengthy post on that. Maybe when I am doing with this post, I will ramble about that. Those rummage sales are always amazing to me. OK....back to programming already in progress. One of the kids' "treasures" they came home with was a couple of videos. (O joy....) This morning, Luke comes visits me in the bathroom and asks to watch the Scooby Doo movie. Well, the only one that I knew of was the one we had checked out from the library and returned last week. Ok....I'm lost He continues to declare that we most certainly DID have that movie and we had gotten it at the yard sale. He's now looking at me like I am totally insane because I have NO IDEA what in the world he is talking about. So...he tries again. "You know....the shining armor one." Of course, that helps....totally.

Hmmm. Now I am more lost than I was before. That means nothing to me. Finally, after several exasperating interchanges about this movie, I told him that he needed to show me...Mom just does not understand. So...we head out to the living room. I am looking and looking and looking....NO Scooby Doo. I do see a Winnie the Pooh movie that we picked up this weekend. In an attempt to divert him from this mystery Scooby Doo movie, I offer him the Pooh movie. "Yes, Mom, that's what I was talking about.....the shining armor one!" All that was said in a tone that implied "How dense are you?" I was thinking...."How dense are you....this is Winnie the Pooh....not Scooby Doo!"

Fast forward a couple of hours....the boys are watching the Pooh movie again. (It is pouring outside...what are we suppose to do?) As I take a load of something downstairs, I pass by the living room and I hear the Pooh characters talking about "shining armor." A light bulb comes on. Shining Armor....I suppose if I had actually watched the movie, I would have known exactly what he was talking about.

Star date entry 20/08/2007: Note to self: Shining Armor Scooby Doo movie equates to Winnie the Pooh Spooky Halloween.

I knew that. Didn't you?

0 comments: