Friday, August 31, 2007

FAMILY CAMP!!

In just a couple of hours this family is packing up and heading out of Dodge. We are on our way to Twin Rocks Friends Camp for a weekend of Family Camp. We should have wonderful time...as long as all grumbling stays at home. Last year, for me, was one frustrating experience. Apparently everyone, including Tim, thought that I was responsible for their happiness....and if it didn't happen the way they wanted....they either pouted, screamed, yelled, or threw a temper tantrum. Sounds grand, eh?

But....I am optimistic about this year. I gave everyone the riot act a month ago....and Daria at least seemed to get the point. I will be issuing another warning as we head out of town again today. I am also excited about my plans for our sand castle for Beach Day. I need to get the kitchen cleaned up and then go dig for sand toys. I am hoping that we get an award for our castle this year. Doubtful....but maybe. I need to talk to Engineering Tim about my plans....I'll need his help and support. So, hopefully, in a few days I will get back on here and post some fabulous picture. Let's all cross our fingers now.

The best thing about Family Camp is that Mom cooks not one thing!!!! YIPPEE....did you just hear me yelling that?? I must admit....Twin Rocks does some of the best cooking around. I particularly enjoy the food at Women's Retreat. They spoil us women royally. The closest thing I will be doing to cooking and cleaning up this weekend is taking a few dishes to the dish room....and maybe washing down a table or two. Doesn't that just sound lovely? Bliss...I tell you....bliss.

I thought that I would post our family picture from last year...just so that I can post this years and see how much my family has grown and changed in the last year. I was noticing today that Daria is getting much too tall. Before long we will be looking eye to eye. Scare me!

So...here we are at Family Camp 2006

0 comments: