Monday, October 27, 2008

Clinging to Promises

Trusting God and His timing is difficult sometimes. Especially when something is pressing so hard on my heart and mind that I almost feel like I can't breathe sometimes. I'm not very good at this "hope deferred" business....or at least glimmers of hope that get squashed by incoming doubts. Makes me so weary.

My precious Luke has stretched my faith probably more than any other event in my life. He has also increased my joy as well, too. Right now, he is stretching my faith. God has given me some promises for Luke and I am clinging to them with all that I'm worth. I'm trusting that God will do His thing in His time.....but I'd sure wish that He would hurry along.

Shortly after Luke was born, God gave me this verse for Luke:

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

Because of this verse, I truly believe that God has great things in mind for Luke someday. I am so glad that I've got a front row seat to see what He's gonna do.

Even though that is a wonderful promise, full of hope, Luke hasn't quite obtained the fullness of that verse. Right now, there is an issue that I'm really having to use every ounce of faith I have in order to keep myself together. As my heart has been struggling with it, God gave me another promise.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up." Galations 6:9


Do not give up. (sigh) It isn't a promise for a quick response. I must persevere. But I sure am looking forward to the harvest.

To God will be the Glory.

0 comments: