Friday, October 3, 2008

Darkness

Well, it has arrived. Fall. I tell everyone who asks, that I really don't like Fall. Fall just means that winter is coming; and, I dread winter.

There is one redeeming thing about Fall. One thing that separates it from Winter...at least here in the Portland area. I really do love the color of the leaves. I have been amazed at how the colors have really popped in the last week. They are gorgeous. I have a few favorite roads around town that I like to drive down because the trees are stunning.

Stunning....but short lived.

Today, it feels like Winter Darkness is settling in. Rain. Gray clouds. Cold. So heavy it seems to drag my spirits just a tad. I am so not ready for winter. If we could just have beautiful, white snow to cover over the gray and reflect what little sunshine comes....it would be so much better.

I guess I should be more thankful. Guess that is what happens when I miss my weekly Thankful Thursday post. Maybe I will have to do one later. Retro style.

For now, I will dream of hot baths and cups of tea....with a good book. Its been that kind of day.

0 comments: