Thursday, October 23, 2008

Taking a Moment to be Thankful

I feel like I can breathe. The load of the week has come and gone....and I can breathe. Must mean that it is time to be thankful....for God is good.

This week, I am thankful for:

  • The beautiful, glorious, heavenly, fabulous, gorgeous.....fall weather we have had this week. Even though it has still been chilly at soccer practice, it has still been so glorious to sit there with beautiful, blue skies overhead. The forecast looks like we should end soccer season with beautiful weather.
  • Speaking of soccer.....OUTDOOR SOCCER SEASON FINISHES THIS WEEKEND!! No more 8 practices a week. No more 4 soccer games a week. No more sitting in the cold and rain...though rain hasn't been too much of a factor this season. Woo hoo. No more packing dinners because we get home too late. We might actually get to have dinners like a real family now. Praying that our schedule will now become more bearable....breathing room at least.
  • My Moms In Touch friends. I am so thankful for them. How can I even begin to express how thankful I am for them? They stand with me through the best of times and the worst of times. When I feel like I can no longer pray, I know that they are there praying for me. They remind me of God's faithfulness when I forget. They are such a blessing in my life. I'm not sure that I could survive without their faithful presence in my life.
  • My beautifully painted house. Just to look around at the beautiful new colors in my house has spoken peace to me this week. Beauty seems to do that.
  • For Luke's teacher. For her confidence, for her patience, for her wisdom and direction. She has a faith that fills my heart with joy. She is another blessing in my life.

0 comments: