Monday, October 13, 2008

High of 75

Just a little bit ago, I just got done writing a post about being grateful. Sometimes when I am struggling to keep it all together, I have to force myself to be grateful to remind myself of the blessings in my life. It is way too easy for me to get focused on "Life-with-a-capital-L" and find myself drowning in darkness. In fact, as I went to pick up my kids, I was just about in tears as Life-with-a-capital-L started taunting me. Satan must have kicked into overtime as I wrote my grateful post.

Then I come home and decide to take a moment to browse stuff on the internet. I should have been, as I should be now, dashing around trying to get stuff done before we dash out the door for soccer. For some reason, I decided I would check out my niece's blog. I love how God lays in your lap just what you need, right when you need it. Lyss wrote her blog almost a week ago....but it was just right for me today.

Lyss was writing about how she wanted to her life to be. With her being quite a bit younger, and more hip, she was talking about a song that I didn't know. But I loved the words. It is "High of 75" by Reliant K. The words are great. It talks about life being like a perfect sunny day.....high of 75...because of God's work in our lives. I think I am going to have to buy that song. Then she said something really good she said: " I've decided things'll start lookin up if i just decided to make it that way, go back to my optimistic self, and choose to be happy with the way things are."

Good thing for her Auntie to hear today.

Thanks, Lyss....for letting God speak through you...to me. Love you.

0 comments: