Monday, October 20, 2008

Home Improvements: A Blessing

Soccer season is quickly winding itself down. Even though there is talk of indoor soccer, I think that the heat of the last two months is dwindling. This is the last week of outdoor practice. And I am so thankful!!

I have been so weary with our schedule these last couple of months. I have been fluctuating between feeling like I am conquering the world....all the way to feeling like I was being crushed by the weight of the world. (If I could only be consistent!! Curses.) So many times I have felt like I have taken two steps forward....just to be knocked down one. This week, my socks got blessed off....and soccer season is winding down.

Chuggin' to the finish line!! Yee haw!

So, enough about soccer getting finished up. On to the blessing. Part of the nagging-ness of the last couple of months has been my desire to get on with my Home Improvement Projects. A huge part of my life has felt "undone" due to these desire. That....and the fact that I hadn't moved all of my furniture back in place after we did our floors back in September. Well....can I just testify that my mom is a dynamo....and she blessed my socks off!

When I learned that Mom and Dad were coming for a visit this weekend, I was hopeful that, with a little help, I might get started on my painting project. I cannot even begin to tell you how many weekends I had hoped to get started...only to have our steamroller-life come barreling through. I figured that once I got started, I could keep the moment up and slowly work my way through my daunting project. Well....not only did my project get started....it is almost finished.

My mom worked hard. And I mean hard. We started at 6:00 A.M. on Friday morning. We were at Home Depot before they even opened their doors. (Crazy Women...the Paint Guy said!) Mom painted all day....I tried to prep and clean things amidst numerous trips to the school to pick up kids from their field trips. Then, she still had the energy to work most of the day Saturday, too. Saturday was soccer day....so I wasn't any help at all. But when the last soccer game was over, most of my house was painted....and it feels so good.

When I stop and think back over the many hours that Mom put into my house this weekend, and I think about our schedule, I think it would have taken me months, and I mean months, to get done what Mom got done this weekend. So anything that I say here doesn't even begin to cover the enormity of the blessing that my Mom gave me this weekend. Words cannot even begin to suffice. Impossible.

So, with no better words, here are a couple of "Before" pictures:



And now for the "After" Pictures:

**Drum Roll**











Thank you, Mom. You have blessed me royally. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I love you - more than a paint job can show. Thanks for letting me bless your home.
Mom

Angie said...

Very Nice!