Monday, October 6, 2008

Lightning Mc-Daria

I know that my title is totally goofy, but as I was thinking about writing this post, it was the only title that seemed to jump out at me!!! For as many soccer games as I have seen Daria play, sometimes I am amazed at how often she amazes me! Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy watching her play??? Yeah, yeah...I know. I'm the Mama and I have a right to be proud. So, there!

It was a wet, and cool, weekend in our world of soccer this weekend. I always dread heading out there when the skies are gray, the winds blustery, and the rain threatening. Days like that are meant to be spent in front of a roaring fire, wrapped in a blanket with a cup of hot tea and a good book. It is a good thing that my kids put on a good show playing soccer!! Any way, as time goes on I am learning ways to make my time in the cold, wet, and mud a little more tolerable for myself and the non-playing children.

Sunday, Daria's game was the wettest and the muddiest. We've been in worse...so I am not complaining....too much. Daria played a great game...as always. She still amazes me sometimes. To watch her put on "her moves" on another player, sometimes I am left thinking..."Where'd she learn that???" The game ended up tied, but Daria scored two goals. She was all over the field, zipping in and out of players, and seeming to trip the light fantastic. Sometimes I swear that I'll burst with pride. She's awesome, I tell you, awesome.

After the game, the girls were having a good time together. They stood around comparing mud splatters. One mom declared it was because they were running so fast. Daria brought a friend home after the game and the whole trip home they were comparing mud splatters. Who had it highest on their backs....Hey, Mom...this one looks like a face...do you see it? I'm not much of a mud fan...but the girls thought it was great fun. I was left wondering how to get mud splatters out of white uniforms? (whoever thought that was a good color to use!?!)

When we got home, I lined the girls up and took pictures of their muddy shirts and their grinning faces.

Aren't they cute??

0 comments: