Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Big Let Down.

I've been avoiding my blog again. Not the best of things, I guess. Partly, I haven't been feeling the greatest. I have half wondered if I have a minor sinus infection. If it is....it isn't a classic case of it...because it doesn't fit what I read on the internet. If it isn't an infection.....I think something is going on. Makes me feel a little less than ideal.

The second thing is that I just feel let down. I feel robbed. Cheated. Like I want a Do-Over. Our Big Arctic Blast that we had the week of Christmas was exciting in and of itself. But, what I feel it stole from me stinks. Christmas, in the manner I would have liked to celebrate it, was ripped out of my hands. All Christmas activities got canceled. The snow kept me from shopping and truly fulfilling what I would have liked to have done for gifts. I didn't get to be with my family. (Now I am going to get a little more selfish.....) I didn't get any Christmas presents. And all the Make-Ups and Redos just don't seem to be getting the job done.

We went and had lunch with Tim's family today. That was enjoyable. My mother in law still has her home decorated for Christmas....though the tree is down. My tree has been down for a week and that seems like forever ago. So, with my house de-Christmased, the snow completely gone, and the gray skies settled in with lots of rain and flooding, it is almost like Christmas just didn't happen this year. If I couldn't look up at the calendar that says January 2009, I could almost convince myself that the Holiday season had never been here.

I know that I sort of sound like I am throwing a little pity party here. I'm not meaning to. (I did that the day after Christmas. Thank You Very Much.) It is just the weird feeling that I have this year. I literally feel like I've been living in some sort of altered universe where things are as they should be....or maybe they aren't. See? I can't even explain the feeling. Maybe because things didn't go the way they usually do, I feel like something is missing.

On the bright side, I get to play in church with my MelodyChime choir tomorrow. I love playing those things. We are making up our Christmas songs that we didn't get to play because of canceled church serves due to weather. (See? It is that altered universe thing again!) The kids go back to school on Monday. That will help life to seem a little more normal again. Maybe I am just needing to get my life back into a routine again so that my world can "right" itself once again.

I think I am chasing myself down a rabbit trail here. Just coming out to say that I'm done avoiding...life is getting back to normal...and so am I.

I think.....

1 comments:

Angie said...

((((Kippy)))Christmas has felt like that a few times here, as well. It's hard enough to know it's going to be a tough year...but to expect a fun year and then for it not to be...must just be awful.
Praying for you to have a light week and to be able to get back into the groove of life.