Sunday, January 4, 2009

I've Created a Monster.

Like most kids, my kids do not like to share. What's theirs is theirs...and what the other one has is theirs, too. You get the point.

For stocking stuffers, I have taken to purchasing the kids their own tube of fun toothpaste. They think it is cool because its special. I think it is cool because they get clean teeth. We both come out winners. This is where the Sharing part of life comes in. Did I say already that they don't like to share?

Just before Christmas, "Luke's toothpaste" ran out. So, he started using "Caden's." That wasn't such a big deal since it was just, in their minds, "regular" toothpaste. Christmas comes and they each got a new tube of toothpaste in their stocking. For a couple of days, Luke was fascinated enough in his "own toothpaste" that he left Caden's alone. I haven't really been paying that close attention to who was using which flavor of toothpaste....but apparently Luke has reverted back to using "Caden's toothpaste."

Oh the drama.

While he was suppose to be getting ready for bed last night, Caden was busy writing a note. That is a little bit annoying because he is suppose to be getting ready for bed. Other than that, I didn't think much about it. Until......I was turning off the light in the bathroom after the kids were in bed. There on the counter was "Luke's toothpaste" and Caden's note. Here is what the note said:

Try something else for a change. Like The Batman toothpast.


Not like Luke can read or anything. I guess he was just making a point. To someone. I guess. So, I've created this territorial monster in the realm of toothpaste. Who'd of thunk it?

I certainly hadn't.

2 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

I'm so glad I am not the only mom who does stuff like this!!

Hugs!!

Julie

Candi said...

Oh my word, Kippy....that is too much!