Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random Missed Haps

Life never stops. Funny things happen all the time. They don't always seem to be Blog Post Worthy....but, I thought it would be fun to throw a few random happenings all together in one post.

  • Today, Luke was walking through the kitchen with his head tilted up, walking very careful. I asked him what he was doing. His answer: "I'm trying to balance my hair." Why? I asked. "I'm trying to keep it from moving. Is it working?" Crack. Me. Up.
  • I'm totally addicted to Facebook right now. I find myself camped on that page waiting for some friend to post their happenings for the day. Its fun to be connected with people that live far away....and it totally tantalizes my need for human adult contact. Now if I could just get the rest of my friends to become addicted too......
  • Daria's going to be playing soccer with a new team. I've been a little hesitant to join this coach because he seems to be a little abrasive. Daria subbed on his team during Christmas break in a tournament. I watched him like a hawk...and I thought he kept his cool pretty good. So, a couple of weeks ago, when she was asked to play on his team for a Spring outdoor PDP team, Tim and I agreed. This last week, she subbed on his team again. I was extremely disappointed to see his temper showing through. Guess I need to be praying about this upcoming season. As Tim says, it is for a short time.....
  • I was cleaning my house on Monday. It was plain ol' time. Things were getting really sad. Weekends seem to make it worse....and I was feeling a need for a clean living space. Daria asked me if we had company coming over. No. Why? Well...you are cleaning everything like someone was coming over. (Flashback Alert: Seems like I remember similar conversations with my own mom....) I told her no one was coming over...but isn't it a lot more fun to live in a clean house than a dirty house? Hmmm....I guess you're right. The thing that struck me about this conversation was that no one ever notices when the house needs cleaned or picked up unless I mention it. Not even Tim notices. How can they not notice???? Or care??? Drives. Me. Batty.
  • Luke has come out of his bed FIVE times already tonight. Becoming way too much of a habit lately. May need to pull out the duct tape....or the Swirlie card.
I enjoyed this post. I may have to make it a regular posted feature.

0 comments: