Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Catching-up Christmas

I know I am about a week late in posting today's topic. It seems like life gets away from me way to quickly these days. I'm trying to be more focused. We'll see how that goes! Ha!

A week and a half ago, my family did a Quickie Christmas. Being a family of "Busies," we did a shot gun appearance together in Pendleton, Oregon. Why Pendleton, Oregon you ask? Pendleton is roughly the half way point between Portland, Oregon.....Boise, Idaho....and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It was fun to be together...though it was very quick...to finally, (in my opinion) have Christmas.

I must admit it felt a little strange to do Christmas in a hotel room. But, as I thought about the oddity of it all, I couldn't help but thinking that this would definitely be one of those Christmas memories for the book. None of us will probably ever forget this Christmas. So, here is some pictures of our Christmas to Remember.....




Here is Kyle getting a taste of Uncle Tim's Duct Tape Torture. Hopefully the prize inside was worth the struggle to get at it!!

Speaking of Uncle Tim and Duct Tape. He has quite the reputation with the stuff. My sister kindly reloaded his "stash." I think he is now all set for next Christmas.......

Not even sure what to say about this one. It just reminds me of another picture.....

Mom even strung up Christmas lights in our hotel room. Ambiance, you know.

The next morning, we even did Christmas stockings!! (We had to have the full experience!)

We all arrived Friday evening in Pendleton.....and left Saturday after lunch. But before we left town....we played a few rounds of Caden's favorite game. Uno Attack.

I love this last picture because Kyle's face is so expressive. He wasn't always at the most favorable end of the Uno Attack's attack!! The other picture I should have posted has my mother cackling hilariously. I don't think Kyle found it as humorous as Grammy!!

It was a quick weekend....but full of blessings. I'm currently sitting in front of my Happylite that my parents gave me. I think of them every time I sit in front of it. My sweet Tim and my kids thank them.

1 comments:

Candi said...

Daria in the first picture:
"Thanks, mom. Romaine hearts....just what I always wanted!!"

Glad you had a good visit!