Monday, January 26, 2009

Two for the Price of One: 25 Random Things

There is a rage going around Facebook: post 25 Random Things about Yourself. After being tagged like a kazillion times, I posted it on my profile. Not to waste a somewhat decent idea, I decided I would post the same 25 things on my blog.

Daria, this weekend, made a list of words that described her. She came up with a word for each letter of the alphabet. So, in keeping with her idea, I came up with a random thing with each letter. I am changing U....because I didn't understand how to tag other people on Facebook...and that is what I said. Anyway.....



Am an avid reader. I go nuts if I don't have a book to read.

Being a stay at home mom is a blessing. I'm not sure I could do it all if I worked too.

Cleaning is one of my least favorite chores. It feels like such a waste of time because no one appreciates it and it needs done again tomorrow.

Don't know how to play the guitar. I want to desperately......

Every morning is difficult to face. I hate mornings. Once I'm up, I'm okay....but I sure don't like getting there.

Friends are so valuable. Wish I were a better one.

Going to Hawaii....or Israel....would be a dream come true.

Hearing my son sing songs during church makes my heart soar.

I think my husband is pretty amazing....most of the time. :-) He is definitely a man to be admired.

Jesus means everything to me.

Keeping myself organized is a constant battle. I have often wished that I was gifted with that ability.

Love watching my daughter play soccer. I think she is totally amazing and it blows me away.

Miss living in North Idaho.

Never really liked Ritz crackers. Tim thinks I'm weird.

Obnoxious people intimidate me. When I'm honest...it doesn't take a lot to intimidate me. I'm such a pansy.

Procrastination is one of my best gifts. I use it regularly.

Quietness is something that I crave on a regular basis.

Raging tantrums drive me nuts. Especially when they come from me.

Sucker for sappy movies and books. A good love story will get me every time.

Thank my God regularly for my home, my family, my friends. I feel blessed.

Understanding my children is a desire I have. I pray often for wisdom.

Very happy with the charter school that my kids attend. I love the teachers, the director, the kids....and their mothers. Another blessing.....

When the day is over and the kids are in bed.....that is my favotire time of the day.

eXcellent bakery products are one of my weaknesses. I'm such a sucker for homemade bread, cinnamon rolls, maple bars.....better stop now. Drool....

You can often find me soaking in a hot bath at the end of long day. Paired with a good book and a cold drink....I'm almost in heaven!!

And just to finish off the alphabet and a bonus Random Thing.....

Zipping around here in there for my kids' activities was something I had failed to anticipate in motherhood.....and I'm learning to cope with it...as well as enjoy it. It is fun to see my kids try things, have fun, and succeed.

0 comments: