Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bonus!

Today felt like my lucky day. Not that much really happened...but when it did....bonus!!

I must admit that I have been a little bit on the lazy side the last couple of days. After a crazy week last week, staying up way too late all week, as well as a soccer tournament, day camp and crabby kids, it just seemed like the way to go. When you are a stay at home mom, that becomes your prerogative. Granted, it usually comes back to bite me...but it still is nice to be a little bit on the lazy side.

So, in my attitude of laziness, I was taking my time getting going this morning. I got a call about 10 minutes after nine, still in my pajamas. (oops) It was a good thing that I got that call, because that call required me to look at my calendar. OOPS!! I had forgotten that the kids and I had a playdate at a friends house at 10:00. Hurry...hurry.

What a great day for the kids and I. They played so hard while they were there. It was nice that they all seemed to play together so well. They were going nonstop the whole time that we were there. My friend and I got some good girl chat in, too. It seems like it has been a while since I had some of that.

So, today, was a bonus. We weren't in our house all day to make too much of a mess. Since I wasn't home, I didn't have to clean anything...or even make any lunch. Definitely a bonus.

Days like today are nice.

0 comments: