Thursday, July 3, 2008

Farragut State Park!

Today we went to one of my favorite childhood swimming holes at Beaver Bay on Lake Pend Oreille in Farragut State Park. I'm not sure why it is one of my favorite. It is a wonderful little man-made bay that is perfect for family swimming. The distance across is short enough that I could actually swim across it....and I thought that was pretty darn cool.

If I remember correctly, Lake Pend Oreille is the largest lake in North Idaho. AND....it is extremely deep. So deep that there is a Naval Base on this lake. Because it is so deep....it is so cold.

For me, the best way to get into the water is to just dive in. Unfortunately there are no docks. I hate getting into the water inch by inch. That is pure and absolute torture!
The kids thought that the adults should be a little more involved. It is so much more fun to be in the water than to be beside the water. Unless, of course, you are fishing. I think some of the boys fished for a while. Luke wanted to see Papa get just a little bit more wet.
He also thought that Auntie Tresa should be a little more wet as well. You can see that she was really wanting that!!


Even though the water was cold, once you got in....and stayed moving....we had a lot of fun.


Tim also got in the water.....sort of. He looks like he doing something really cool....but he is only in about 2-3 inches of water. He doesn't even want to get his toes wet. Woos.

I think Tim got a little more wet when he rode in the raft. That raft is a kid magnet....and they are in and out...in and out. Them...along with the water they bring with them!

I guess we must have played hard.....Papa had a hard time staying awake. Guess that is a good sign of another good day.

0 comments: