Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Once again, in crazy Summerness, I keep forgetting to do my Thankful Thursday posts. Crazy me. I guess it goes to show that I am a creature of habit and routine. When there is the routine of school, I am better at remembering things. I refuse to admit that my forgetfulness could be old age. I will not go there. As always, I have much to be thankful for.

This week, I am thankful for:

  • Extra times with family. It was fun for the kids to have sleepovers with cousins. It was fun to have grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins hang around for extra time to watch Daria's soccer game. Fun.
  • For someone to watch Luke while I traveled to watch Kyle's baseball game. I am thankful, too, that being a SAHM makes it possible to do extra things like that. I am also thankful that I have money to pay for the gas. It was so fun to be a part of Kyle's experience. More fun.
  • For being more patient about messes in my kitchen as my kids are learning to bake. This week, they have had fun making cookies and scones. I have the fun of cleaning up their messes. Next lessons for them....cleaning up. It was fun that I attempted to use my Kitchenaid mixer to knead my scones. It worked!! Yahoo for another time-saving step!
  • For my house. I was reminded again today how thankful I am to be where we are. We are blessed.
Happy Thankful Thursday! What are you thankful for today?

0 comments: