Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On the Edge of My Seat

I am exhausted. But what a wonderful exhaustion to have. When I think about it, there really is no good reason for being as tired as I feel right now. I think all I did all day was sit. I guess it all has to do with where I was sitting.

Today I had the extreme pleasure of driving to Eugene, Oregon to watch my nephew, Kyle, play baseball on route to become Regional Champs for his age group. Words can't even begin to describe the game today and how I felt about it. Wow. Over the Top. Or...as my friend, Lindsay, would say....it was EPIC. For those that need to know what epic means, it means: very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary. There....I think that just might begin to describe it.



I know that I have gushed on and on here about my own kids and their accomplishments. Proud Mom. You bet. Most times, when I sit back and watch them play, I am in awe. I am in awe of all that they have become and are becoming. Sometimes my feelings are so profound that I feel that my own participation in their process has been close to nil and the only thing I can say is: "Wow, God, you are doing an amazing job with that one!"

You know, today, as I was watching Kyle play, I had those same feelings. My feelings of awe and pride at the things that Kyle is accomplishing matches those feelings that I have regarding my own children. I sat there on the sidelines of the game and felt nervous to my tummy....just as if he was my own child. When Kyle made an awesome play at short stop....or slammed a magnificent triple...I rejoiced as if he were my own. I yelled and cheered....just as if he were my own. Who knows? I may even have embarrassed him as if he were my own, too! Ah...the joys of being an Aunt.

What a game! Needless to say, if you hadn't already guessed, they won the game...6-3... in extra innings. Kyle's team is the Idaho State Champs for their age group...and they are rocketing their way to becoming Regional Champs. Isn't that just the coolest? As a matter of fact...it is completely and totally epic. Today I was on the edge of my seat during the whole game. I'm dieing here at home that I can't be there to watch the rest of the games. Guess I will just have to be here...at home...on the edge of my seat.

Proud Auntie? You bet!

0 comments: