Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shooting for the Gold!

It sure was a button-popping week last week. I had so much fun watching my nephew's baseball team. I am amazed at these young boys' skills. Wow. I am blown away at their accomplishments. Then this last weekend, I got to sit on the sidelines as Daria and her soccer team powered their way to a first place finish in their soccer tournament.

When I think back over Daria's tournament, I don't think that I can even begin to give a blow by blow account of each game. All I can really say is how incredibly proud of my Girlie that I am. I don't think that I will ever cease to be amazed at her abilities. I am convinced that she takes in instruction so quickly. I can't imagine how else she has obtained the skills that she has. I can't explain it. I find her and her abilities amazing.



And she is so incredibly fun to watch. I love watching her jump in the middle of the fray and kick the ball out of the mess. I love watching her wind up and womp the ball a good one. I love watching her size up an approaching opponent, wait for her moment, and take the ball away without hardly thinking about it. I hope that neither one of us gets tired of the game. We both seem to have a lot of fun.


I remember when Daria was a baby. I was overwhelmed with the feelings of love and pride that comes with being a mother. To watch her beautiful face while she slept. To see her discovering new things and accomplishing new feats. I would just sit back and "ponder these things in my heart." I remember at Daria's first Christmas and reading how Mary pondered in her heart the amazing things about Jesus and His miraculous appearance into her life. That Christmas, I understood that phrase in a whole new way.

The last couple of days, I have been pondering in my heart the wonderful things that I saw Daria doing. I have been pondering the words of praise that others had spoken to me about her. These are things that I am treasuring in the banks of my memories. They are treasures. It is hard to explain, but I feel so unworthy to have those treasures in my heart. It is an amazing thing to watch your child grow up and succeed in ways that you did not. What a joy.

Anyway...all that to say that I am so proud of Daria and her team. Way to go, Sherwood Hurricanes!! Congratulations on a job well done.


(Man, I got gushy!)

0 comments: