Tuesday, September 9, 2008

For the First Time....

Even though my kids have been in school for 4 days now, today is the first time that I am alone in my house with absolutely nothing vying for my attention for the next 3 and half hours. If I had written this at 8:00...I would have said 4 hours. But...I have taken a few moments to play on the computer, eat my breakfast, and just enjoy the quiet of my house.

The only bad thing about this time is the battle going on in my mind in how I should spend this very first, uninterrupted morning. I've got laundry to do. House to pick up. Bathrooms to clean. Bedrooms to wade through. Garage Sale to prepare for. I could definitely keep myself extremely busy.

Here is what I long to do. Turn off the phone. Crawl into my bed. And read. Read. Read. And if it strikes me just so, I may even want to sleep.

Depending on what I choose...I may tell you later which idea won over.

0 comments: