Friday, September 12, 2008

Ugh. Garage Sale!

My kids have been hungering for a garage sale for months. They have this ingrained thought that their cast-off treasures are worth oodles of money. They have dreams of taking their oodles of money and buying mountains of new treasures. Whatever.

So, here I am...it is almost 10:00 in the morning. Our garage sale has been "open" for almost an hour now. We have had 2 drive-bys and 2 walk-throughs. We've made absolutely nothing.

For the first 45 minutes or so, I have sat out here by myself. Quietly reading a book. It is a cool...but still fairly comfortable morning. Then....the kids discovered that we were really having the garage sale....NOW. Caden is frantically trying to discover more things to sell. Luke has been scavenging the tables looking for things that he can "rescue." Caden is also currently crying...because Luke wants to buy something of Caden's. Personally...it is garbage. Luke bought it for a quarter. Caden thinks it is worth more. Garbage.

Okay...break there. Had a customer. Woo Hoo. Made $3. That could be our grand total for the day. Not looking very promising.

I have to remind myself....as I sit here bored out of my mind, convinced that this is a total waste of time...that this is for my kids. I am just hoping that we make enough to satisfy each child....at least for a little while. Maybe if I give them a $1 of our currently profits they will be happy with the candy bar they could purchase!

Ha. But what to do with all this stuff when we're done. I don't want it back in my house!!

0 comments: