Wednesday, September 3, 2008

T'was the First Day of.....

Kindergarten. Second Grade. And Fourth Grade!!

My how time flies. I swear that it was just yesterday and I was holding each one of my babies in my arms for the first time. How is it today that I sent my last baby to school for the very first time? As much as I will enjoy my free mornings while Luke is in school, I will miss having him with me. To have a child with me, period.

But what excitement there was in the house today. Luke had gotten over his apprehension of kindergarten through the kindergarten open house they had last week. He got to see his desk, his hook, and his teacher. He even met a couple of new friends. So, today, he leapt out of bed...gave no fuss over having to wear his school clothes (which looks just like his church clothes that he usually fusses over!), and excitedly climbed into the van to head to his first day of school. Isn't he just too cute????


He had lots of questions. His one concern was what to do first when he got there. After some reassurance he was good to go. The school did things a little different this year. They had all the kids meet in the sanctuary for an assembly instead of heading straight down to their class. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to take a picture of him at his desk. Oh well. So, after a few hugs and kisses and misty eyes, I said good-bye to my last kindergartener.

It was fun to see Daria and Caden's enthusiasm as well. I am so glad that they don't find school a drudgery and that they look forward to getting back to school. Even though I know they were tired, everyone got up very well this morning. I was so thankful.

Here is Caden on his first day of Second grade. (my that sounds old!)


He's just too cute. I could just squish him. I was able to peek in on him when I went to pick up Luke for the day. He looked so cute. Then I saw him again in kinder car line and it was fun watching him dash off to play. He looked so excited!

Then, my baby girl. How can it be that she is in the Fourth Grade?



So independent. (mostly) As I watched her file away to her class, I was struck by how tall and "lady-like" she was becoming. How is it that she grew up so quickly? I am sure that I will blink again and she will be graduating from high school. Time never flew this quickly when I was in school....why does it fly so quickly now that my kids are in school?

It is so hard to believe that all my kids are now in school. I think it really struck me first last night as I was preparing back packs for the next morning. Instead of two, I now had three. It felt so very final.



Tonight, as I prepared to write today's blog, and I was looking over today's pictures. I was struck at how drastically different this year's first day of school picture is from last year's. If you need a refresher....peek here. And now take a look at today:

All three of my babies in school.

All. Three.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys look great. I'm happy your first day to school went so well....I loved all those smiles! Do good!!!

Far Grammy

Tresa said...

Everyone looks a little bit bigger! :) Love the pictures...thanks for sharing!

Auntie Tresa loves everyone!

Unknown said...

Those pictures look like mug shots (with smiles of course!) That's a great idea to "label" them!