Thursday, September 25, 2008

Retreat!!

Today starts one of my favorite weekends. Women's Retreat. I'm headed to Twin Rocks Friends Camp on the Oregon Coast. I plan to be pampered with gourmet meals....that I have not cooked. For solo times with Jesus. For fun times with friends. For rest.

To get here has been a little stressful. Our schedules right now are beyond crazy. So many times I have thought that I shouldn't go. How can I go when there is so much to do; and, at times, I feel like it is all I can do to keep it going even with Tim helping? Yet, I sit here with all my chores done (or at least the minimum ones I wanted to get done) my stuff is packed, and all I have left to do is pick up Luke, feed him lunch, do his homework, and take him to a friend's house to play.

I may actually make it.

It is interesting. It seems like every year, as I plan to head out the door, the Father of Lies starts his battle. The craziness of life is just a part of his antics. Worry is also another factor. I worry that I may get in an accident in my travels to and fro from the camp. I worry that one of my kids will be hurt and I won't be there. Worry. Isn't it awful. The robber of joy and peace.

How wonderful it was to pray this morning at Moms in Touch. To hear my friends bless me with their prayers. To start my heart in an attitude of prayer as I prepare to leave my home and responsibilities behind, waging the battle with Jesus by my side.

Ah. I am in Retreat.

0 comments: