Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Scoringest Trio

Have I mentioned lately that our life revolves around soccer right now? It makes life a little crazy, but I think we are having a pretty good time of it. We had a fun weekend this weekend with 4 soccer games. Whew.

One of my friends is new to the soccer world. Her son is on Caden's team. She mentioned to me one time that she was worried that soccer would be a drudgery...but signed her son up because he wanted to play. I finally had an opportunity to go to Caden's game on Saturday, and I had the pleasure of sitting next to her. She just laughed through the whole game. I would have to say that she had a lot of fun. She told me that she is really enjoying watching her son play. Even though the schedule gets a little crazy, I'm having a lot of fun, too.

This weekend, I got to watch 3 of the 4 games that our family participated in this weekend. Daria and Luke had games at the same time on Saturday, but I was able to watch Daria play today. Each game was a lot of fun to watch.

Luke's game is always a hoot to watch. Those kids are all over the place. But they are sure having a lot of fun doing it. It seems like those kids can hardly go 5 steps without falling down. Cracks me up. Luke is doing really well. I am surprised at his ability to dribble the ball. Of course, he certainly isn't afraid to get in the middle of the fracas and gain control of the ball. He will soon pop out of the crowd, take the long way around and take the ball to the goal. He was really excited to have scored 2 goals on Saturday. I was pretty proud of him!

Then, the boys and I dashed across the soccer complex to get ready for Caden's game. Daria and Tim arrived shortly before kick off from her game across town. Daria's team won. I am sure that she was awesome....as usual. Caden's game was a lot of fun. As I mentioned earlier, I sat next to my friend who was just laughing it up. I was also seated next to the husband of another friend and he was laughing the whole time, too. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Caden's team is doing very well so far. They've won every game....and considering the fact that they have several "newbies" they are doing great!! Caden did awesome too. He sure loves to play and really puts his whole heart into it. Some kids his age aren't totally into the game and you can watch them looking up at the trees as the ball rolls right by them. Not Caden. He's totally into the game and aware all the time where the ball is. He was Mr. Awesome and scored 3 goals! It was pretty important to him that I was there yesterday. Each time he scored, his first thing was to turn and make sure I had seen his glory. I did my best to whoop it up big for him. Not that that is a hard thing to do. I can be a pretty loud Soccer Mom. (I warned my friend!!)

Then today Daria had a game with her competitive team. I really enjoy those games. I am always amazed at the skills of these young girls. I always like to watch Daria. I guess that I am a little envious of her skills. Whether her team wins or loses, I always love to watch her play. Today, her team lost....2-5. And...I'm proud to say that Daria scored those 2 goals!! I've been anxiously awaiting for her to be able to score a goal on this team. Today she did. Times two. She typically plays defense, so her opportunities to score have been limited. The last two games, her coach has put her in as forward. Last week, she probably had about 7 shots on the goal with no success. Today...she had success. Needless to say, not only was I proud....but I was loud!! The other team was a tough team....definitely more aggressive. Our girls sure got muscled around a lot. I was proud of the way that they played.

So. All in all it was a good weekend. I was sure one proud Mama.

0 comments: