Friday, January 11, 2008

Perspective

Every once in a while, my attention is drawn outside the realm of my little world. It is so easy to get swept up in the little drama of my own life, that I lose sight of the bigger picture that goes on around me all the time. This week, a friend of mine, Candi, drew my attention an amazing, God-directed drama.

I have been checking in on this little drama, through their blog, several times a day. There is a part of me that feels like a peeping Tom, stealing glimpses into their very personal, private world. Yet, their hearts cry has been that people would read about their lives. In reading about their lives, their hope is that we would pray for their family. That we would see the overwhelming awesomeness of our God. That we would praise our God for His infinitely amazing power, grace, and mercy.

I won't even begin to describe their story. At the end of this post, I will leave a link to their blog. I can't even begin to summarize their story, their journey. It is overwhelming. I find myself, in reading their updates, overwhelmed by their circumstances. I find myself overwhelmed by their faith....and their grace under fire. I am overwhelmed by the work that God is doing. You really must check it out for yourself.

Isn't it amazing that the technology of today allows us this little glimpse into their world? Isn't it amazing that a blog has the ability to tell hundreds, thousand, possibly millions of people about their story? The thought of the cloud of witnesses that could be possibly storming the gates of heaven for them is incredible. If I were in their situation, I would want that same exact thing.

I find myself, when I check their blog, anxiously awaiting what glorious thing God has done next. I can hardly wait to see how this story will unfold. I love seeing glimpses into God's grand scheme for their lives. There is already signs that God is reaping the rewards of their battle. How gracious that they have been allowed to witness that.

Also, in watching their struggle unfold, I find myself giving thanks to my God for my health. For the health of my husband. For the health of my children. I find myself reminded to not grumble so much at their loud and rowdy activities. Praise God that they can do those things at all. My troubles are nothing in comparison. If they can praise God through their storm, then certainly, so can I.

If I have piqued your interest at all, check their story out at: Confessions.

I promise...you'll come away changed.

2 comments:

Candi said...

Well, of course you know I feel the same way. It truly is an amazing story. There are lots of things about their story that make me realize I'm not so bad off. But, their faith and strength through it all is what amazes me the most.

Anonymous said...

thank you both for sharing this story. Until I came to your blog today Kippy I had not read about this amazing family and what they are going thru...
You are truly a blessing in my life Kippy... I love your blog.

Hugs, Judy