Friday, February 22, 2008

Borders Lie in Pleasant Places

Today was a day to accomplish a thousand errands. I've been such an avoider of the necessary lately....and today the avoiding could happen no more. So, after Daria's piano lessons, I loaded up the kids and we headed out for a day of errands. We accomplished quite a lot. For that, I am grateful.

My kids are never overly thrilled with errands. But, then again, neither am I. Especially with three kids in tow. Sometimes, they can be bribed with a treat or lunch out. Sometimes that promise works....and sometimes it doesn't. Today....the outcome was a little less than ideal. I won't go into details. The details aren't worth the time, words, and energy to type them out. Needless to say, we were all glad to finally come home.

Even with the frustrations of errand running, I found myself being thankful for the place that God has me right now. We were driving home from Woodburn via Newberg, and I was just filled with gratitude. The scenery along that route is beautiful and bountiful. The area is filled with garden nurseries, tree farms, a state park, and a beautiful river. As I surveyed my surroundings, I was thankful. I was thankful for living in a beautiful state. I was thankful for my home that is just right for us....my blessing from God. I was thankful for my beautiful, mouthy, sassy, healthy children. I was thankful for my husband, his job, and our income.

Our boundaries definitely lie in pleasant places.

As I was thinking about these things, driving down the road, the rain began to pour. And I do mean pour. Even with the rough spots in life....even with the crazy, disobedient, frustrating times with my children, life is good. I am glad that, today, I had the eyes to see that blessing.

May I always be able to see.

0 comments: