Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's MY blog and I'll say what I want!!

I think I have sat down at this computer at least 3 or 4 times today to write out a post. Not that I didn't have anything to say. It was just that every time I tried to "multi-task" some little body would jump in and take over the computer. Once Tim is home from work I might as well kiss the computer good night. If I wait long enough, Tim starts nodding off at the computer and heads to bed. Once he is in bed, then I can finally hear the quiet enough to think. There are no little, or big, voices asking me for one more thing. I wish that I were a better morning person....then I could stay up into the wee hours of the night to have those lengthy moments of just Me that I seem to crave so much.

I find, as a mother of three, that things that completely belong to me are rare. My family seems to have the motto: "What is mine is mine...and what is Mom's is mine." I cannot tell you how many times I reach for my cup to take a drink from a supposedly full cup, only to find that it is bone-dry. I'll look at Luke and ask, "Who drank my tea?" He gives me his sweet, little devil-grin and declares, "I did!! hee hee hee!" I've come to point where I drink more coffee, because that is the one drink that no one seems to want to share.

I also find that I am hiding and stashing things that I don't want to share. As if I didn't have a big enough hording problem as it was. I find that I have to disguise my treats....otherwise all these greedy little monkey-children gobble them all up. It seems like in our house, there are snacks that are "Dad's." For the most part, he is the only one who eats them. (I am sure Tim will ask me about this later....so I will insert one word: Doritos.) But, if I should have a snack item that I enjoy.....it isn't mine for long.

I was going to give a snide reason for why I think that is...but I decided that, in the interest of good relations, I will zip my mouth. It is probably for the same reason that my children will come to me while I am sitting on the couch and ask me for a glass of milk. In the meantime, their father will be in the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of milk. ASK YOUR DAD!!!

Today, as I longed for just a few minutes on the computer, I found that the sharing of the computer in my household apparently does not include me. If Mom's on it, then, by golly, I think it is my turn. I swear that is what they are thinking, as they ask me all the time, "Is it my turn yet, Mom? When is it my turn?" If I should abandon my chair to get a drink of water, they will jump at the computer like a pack of starving hyenas. I know this is true, because I have watched my boys holding themselves, doing a little dance at the computer, all because they have to go pee so badly, but they don't want someone to steal their turn. Luke will often yell at me as he dashes to the bathroom: "Stay off the computer, Mom, I just have to go pee."

Now I find my hording stretching into larger avenues of desire. I wish that I had a laptop that was Mine....all Mine. I would lock myself in the bedroom....the bathroom if I have to...and just blog away. I could even go to the bathroom without fear of someone commandeering my time. I am sure that I would password protect it and keep Tim off it, too. Maybe not....I'm sure the only remote way of me every getting one would be to promise to share. Aaarrrggghhh.

Okay. Enough complaining from me tonight. I better get quiet before I get myself in trouble. Even though I am enjoying the quiet of the house right now, I am tired. I think I am going to bed.

Good night.

0 comments: