Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Random Thoughts (it's all I've got to offer!)

I was sitting here staring at the computer trying to decide what to write about today. I figured it had to be something not too terribly deep. I only have a small window to write in the late afternoon/early evening hours any more. When I don't finish on time, things happen like they did yesterday and I am left with an incomplete thought. Incomplete thoughts are really annoying. It makes me think of when I was much younger and I was taking piano lessons. My mom would yell from upstairs every time I left a note natural that should have been flat when I was practicing. As an adult, I can picture her upstairs, biting her tongue, trying not to say anything and finding it impossible. Get my picture?

Yet, I refuse to go back and try to finish yesterday's post. Really, I should just delete it. Instead, I think I will let it stand as a testimony to my poor attention span that comes along with Mental Overloads. Someday, when my kids need proof that they literally drove me to insanity....I will show them that post. Can't even carry on a decent conversation with myself any more!! Ha ha.

So, I was looking around on my computer for a recent, cool picture to post. So, I looked on the comnputer. There are only two pictures that have been downloaded for 2008 so far. The silly thing is....they aren't even our pictures. They are my parents. It gives testimony to the ridiculous amounts of snow they have had this winter.




For all the years that I have now lived in Oregon, I have developed a list of things I love about Oregon...and things I really don't like about Oregon. I imagine that if I lived any where else, I would have the same kind of list. Every place has its pros and cons. For this post, I will only share one pro and one con from that list....the others are pointless right now. The one thing I dislike about Oregon winters, is the dark gray skies. With little sun, everything seems to take on a gray appearance. The one thing that I like about Oregon winters is that it never gets terribly frigid....thus things grow well around here.

So, as my parents wallow through the mounds of snow and slush, my tulips and daffodils have pushed their little heads up several inches out of the ground. That thought always seems to make my parents groan as they look out over their winter wonderland. I love spring and the beautiful flowers. It seems like once February arrives, I am biting at the bit for sunshine and warmer days. I can hardly wait for the first bloom of spring!



Yet, honestly, I would trade our early arrival of spring for a just a smidge of their snow. One last hurrah....that's all I want!

0 comments: