Friday, February 29, 2008

Take a Long Leap off a Very Short Pier

Please don't ask me about today's title. I wanted something "catchy" for Leap Day....but that was about as catchy as I can get at this time of night. For some reason it caught me as I was thinking of "Leap." Maybe it is because it is what I should do right now.

I admit. I was a little crabby today.

Seems like women today wear a lot of hats. I am not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination....so it is safe to assume that I am not talking about the literal hats that we wear. I'm talking about our daily collection of hats that we shuffle each day. The Hat of being Chef Extraordinaire...or in my case, Ordinaire. The Hat of Keeper of a Cleanly Home and Garments. Taxi Driver. Chauffer. Nurse. Psychologist. Referee. Baker. Event Planner. Friend. Cheerleader. Encourager.

Those are just a smattering of the hats that I wore today.

Sometimes I don't shuffle my hats all that gracefully. In fact, I probably bumble them up more than I handle them with grace. I hate the bumbling; and, yet I am so good at the bumbling. Darn it. When we screw up, mess up, placing a blemish on a good thought, should we just write off all our efforts and say "It is the thought that counts?" Or should we press on towards the goal? Do we throw away? Or should we extend grace?

Man, I am struggling with my thoughts right now. So, in the words of Forrest Gump: that's all I have to say about that.

Happy Leap Day! Hope you made the best of your "Extra" day!!

0 comments: