Sunday, February 24, 2008

Morning Blessing

I think that I have admitted on here before that I am a grump. Lord, have mercy, I can be awfully grumpy. The kids and I had a busy weekend while Tim was at Men's Retreat. I typically don't handle the busyness well and that displays itself in grumpiness. Then, on top of that, Silly Me, I agreed to allow one of Daria's friends to spend the night last night. I knew it was going to be a help to her parents....but yikes....Sunday mornings are bad enough without a friend, a sleepover, and no Tim for help.

Lord, have mercy.

This morning, I woke a little before my alarm. The only thing I like about mornings is the quiet; and I lay there enjoying the peaceful moment. As I lay there in bed, thinking about getting up, I noticed that I was singing a song that I have on my iPod. I hadn't heard the song lately....nor have I heard it a lot. So, when I began to think about it, I was a little surprised that it was the song that I was singing.

Soon, Luke came into my room and crawled on the bed, begging me to come out to the living room with him. Quiet time was over. Time to get hussling if we wanted to get to church on time. As I went about my tasks of getting ready, and herding 4 children along, I found myself singing that song that I woke to. I even turned my iPod onto that song and jammed to it for a while. Somehow, by the grace of God, we made it to church this morning without any major arguments, we were all fairly happy....AND....we were on time!

Miracles do happen!

So, I hear you asking, what is the song. It is called "Awesome God." Probably not the one that most of you know. It sure is a fun version. The singer is male, and I envision this big, black guy praising with his whole heart, soul, mind, and body. It has a great beat that typical Quaker churches do not have in their repertoires....or at least not in the Quaker churches that I have been a part of!

You're my strength
and you are my salvation
I will put my trust in you.
My heart sings.
In you my soul rejoices
in this song of praise to you

You are the awesome God.
You are the great I am
the only living word
Wonderful Counselor.
You are the Awesome God
You are the first and last
the only Living Word
Age to age, still the same
Awesome God


"Forget the former things: do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19

0 comments: