Monday, February 4, 2008

Precious Evidence

Yesterday's prayers with Caden was a nice way to end a difficult week struggling over him. Today was the pinnacle of that for me. I hardly know how to write it all out because my heart is full. It is so hard to write out the full circle of faith that I feel God has brought me through this week. There are no adequate words to lay it out.

The last few weeks at Moms In Touch, the focus of my prayers have been for Caden. He has been struggling with the spelling program at school. Doing homework has been a struggle. The whining, crying, complaining, his perceived injustice of life towards him has driven me to the point of breaking more times than I really want to admit. In fact, on this last Thursday, I had someone else lead Moms in Touch because my struggle was overwhelming. I left my request for Caden unspoken. They just prayed for him.

After I prayed with him last night, and I heard his desire to know for sure that Jesus was really in his heart, one of the things that I mentioned to Caden was that he could pray to Jesus anytime that he needed help. One thing that I suggested was that he could pray before his spelling tests if he wanted, and Jesus would be there. After that time, and after blogging about our prayer time, I prayed that Jesus would somehow make Himself known to Caden....a gift somehow that He had heard and answered Caden's prayer.

This evening, Caden and I sat down to do his homework. His spelling test was much improved over last week's. In fact, the teacher wrote "Very Good!!" on the front of his test. So, I mentioned that to Caden. I affirmed to him what the teacher had written....that he had done very good and it was an improvement. Caden's answer to me was: "Mom, I prayed to Jesus before my spelling test today."

Small, precious evidence of Jesus' presence. It was just what Caden and I needed. What else can I say?

Nothing......but thank You.

0 comments: