Thursday, February 7, 2008

Counting Sprinkles

Today has been a pretty nice day...all things considered. We've had glimpses of sunshine. Moms in Touch was wonderful....and Luke and I have had a day of games and laughter, even when I should be dashing. It is only appropriate to take a few minutes and count my sprinkles.....giving thanks to God for His many blessings.

  • Today I am thankful for the opportunity to be laughed at. I am not completely sure why it is so amusing to watch someone approaching middle age attempting to play an entirely new game system without any instruction....while playing against a cheater (you know who you are!) and being made to look like a fool. Even so, I guess that I learned to laugh a little at myself and have fun anyway. I also learned that I would really enjoy owning a Wii. Though it could cause problems between my children and I.
  • I am thankful for new ideas that have helped to make home life a little more survivable for me. I am hoping that they will keep on working.
  • I am thankful for the opportunity to do fun things for my kids....and then for them to appreciate it.
  • I am thankful for fun times planned with old college roommates. Tomorrow, my roomie from my senior year at George Fox is coming over for lunch with a couple of her kids. I haven't seen her in probably 12 years or so. Then on Saturday, I am attending the homecoming game at George Fox with my roomie from my Jr. year. What fun!! I can hardly wait.
It has been a full week of busy. What a great time to pause and be thankful midst the chaos of life.

Now...to get off this computer and get back to work. Happy Thankful Thursday!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, we were laughing with you, not at you! Except for when you were playing Guitar Hero and when we were boxing against each other, then we were laughing at you. =D

Second of all, you're not that old!

Third of all, yes, I am a cheater. I admit it. But it was very funny, so it was worth it.

Oh, by the way, Bryce told me after everyone left that she liked you and she sees why I like you so much, so there!

Lindsay (aka: the cheater)

Kristin said...

I don't know if I like being labeled as one of your OLD college roomies :-)

I AM looking forward to the Homecoming games on Saturday night, though, and will probably FEEL old after them...

Oh well. See you Saturday!

k~