Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Being Brave

In a couple of weeks, my life is going to be taking a fairly major change. Luke, my baby, heads to kindergarten. So, for the first time in over 9 years, I will have some hours to myself while he is in school. I amazed at how just about everyone that I talk to asks me: "What are you going to do with yourself?" Like I would be bored or something. The only thing that I can think of is that I will finally be able to do a lot of things that I haven't before. I have no concerns with how I will fill my time, I am more worried that I will over fill my time.

I've got plans.

One of my dreams that I have had for some time is to learn to play the guitar. I always said that when the kids were all in school, I would finally take lessons. I always said that because it was such a long way off. Now that the reality of my kids being in school is now looming large in my vision, I must now step up to the plate and do what I said I always wanted to do.

So for the last couple of weeks, I have been half-heartedly pursuing a guitar teacher. I'm just a tad nervous about it. I have touched a guitar....but I certainly am a beginner in every sense of the word. I'm pretty sure if I picked one up, I could actually hold it facing the right direction! I've decided that I am going to post about this on my blog so that I create some sort of mental accountability about this. It is easy for me to procrastinate away and delay making a commitment. Now, I have made it public and it makes it that much harder to avoid it.

I just sent off an email to obtain information about a possible teacher here in town. That was a big step. I've been thinking about that email for over a week now. Now I am waiting for a response. Then I have to get the courage up to call the teacher....that is if they are still teaching...and are giving lessons during the hours Luke is at school. If that doesn't pan out, I have one more option to pursue...then I don't know from there.

I guess time will tell.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I have a good friend who attends our church, Jenni Clayville, who teaches guitar. She's also one of my blog buddies, so you can check her out through that. Good luck my friend!

k~