Thursday, August 14, 2008

Like....Duh!

Yesterday I got my haircut. It looked so nice. Even my kids thought so and told me often. That was really nice. Even this morning, Luke woke up and told me: "Mom, you're haircut is still there!" I love what they do to my hair when they style it at the salon. I came out looking, and feeling like a princess. How do they manage to make it look so nice?

Of course, this morning, I wanted to make it look just like they did at the shop. Being the Hair Idiot that I am, I wasn't as successful as they were at the shop. They, of course, use products. Like Hair Smoothers...and flat irons. You do know that they "close the cuticles?" Sure....I knew that. Who doesn't?

Because I liked what they did to my hair, I went out and bought some products. Like Hair Smoothers....and flat irons. (I am sure I will now have to answer to Tim for these purchases. Hope he realizes what good therapy it is to feel good about oneself.) So, I bought the products, brought them home and attempted to use them. Of course, being the Goody Two-Shoes that I am, I had to read the directions.

One of my fondest memories of my college years, is the hours of laughing that my friend, Kristin, and I had. We could find the silliest things to laugh about. Like bouncing vegetables. Table dancing. And stupid statements on certain products. So I found it particularly humorous today as I read the following warning on my new product, my flat iron.

Never use while sleeping or drowsy.

Okay. Now I can totally understand not using a hot flat iron while drowsy. But while I'm sleeping?? Come on. I don't know about you, but when I am sleeping...I ain't using anything...but my pillow. And then....I am not sure I would really call that using. Using to me typically implies action. Sleeping is not action. It is the complete action of non-action...if you know what I mean.

So I see two possibilities here. One....Corporate America either thinks that the Average American Woman is the ultimate multi-taskers and can even multi-task while we sleep. Or Two....they think that the Average American Woman is a complete idiot.

You choose.

Personally....I think that Corporate America are the complete idiots.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I had forgotten about bouncing vegetables--that was hilarious! And the product warnings always crack me up...Like the little silicone packets that come with flower arrangements: "Do not eat". Why would anyone think flowers would come with a small sand-like mint? The scary thing is, someone probably did, and then got sick and sued...thus the warning. :-)