Friday, August 1, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray....He did it!

I never thought that I would see this day come. All those who read faithfully know that Luke is about the most stubborn boy there is. When he has made up his mind that he isn't going to do something....let me tell you....he ain't going to do it. A couple of months ago, I wrote about him attempting to ride his bike without his training wheels. If you need reminded, click here. For the last couple of months, any discussion at all about taking off those training wheels has been meet with a stone wall. Ugh.

For the longest time now, Luke has been riding that bike with his training wheels up HIGH. I have noticed for a while now that the wheels were hardly touching. So, I started talking with him about it tonight. He kept blowing me off, telling me that maybe we will take them off tomorrow. Whatever.

So, I came in the house, this evening, and sat down to read my book. Caden comes running in to tell me that Luke had something to show me. So, what does that little man do? He climbs on his bike...without training wheels...and takes off. And do you know what he said? "I told you I could ride my bike without training wheels!" (Whatever!)

So, we all cheered "Hip Hip Hooray" a dozen times as we came in to get ready for bed. Me? I just took a deep breath and thought...."Phew. One thing down. A thousand and one to go."

1 comments:

Tresa said...

Yeah Lukie!!!!! I can't wait to see it with my own eyes! Love you!