Thursday, August 7, 2008

Daunting

The last couple of days I have been contemplating what my schedule will be like for the next 2 1/2 months. Insane. I could come up with a whole litany of words to describe my coming days. But, that task alone would be daunting enough.

Tim and I signed up all three kids for soccer this fall. Daria, in fact, is signed up for two teams. I think that I had a temporary brain toot the day that I decided that was a good idea. So, here is what my weeks will look like for the next couple of months. 8 soccer practices. Four games. All in one week. That is just our soccer routine. That does not include school, homework, piano, church activities, friends, etc. Just soccer.

Lord, help me.

I think for the last day or so, I have almost been frozen by the weight of my coming schedule. It is daunting. Daunting is to abate the courage of; discourage. I am trying very hard not to be discouraged by the craziness that I see ahead of me. I'm trying hard not to feel overwhelmed. I am trying hard not to feel like accomplishing anything will be impossible....so why bother.

Sometimes, I just sit here and mentally stare off into space. I'm not sure if I am trying to garner peace into my corner to hold me over until this Soccer-Go-Round stops or if I am just in plain ol' shock that I allowed this scheduling snarl to happen. I imagine that it will be a whole new proving ground for me. A new area to grow and learn. I may have to organize and restructure my life in a way that maybe should have happened a long time ago.

I imagine that all that restructuring is going to cause a minor uproar from my children. I imagine that things will get a little ugly before they get better. I imagine that I am going to have to ask God for an extra measure of grace....for us all. I imagine that we will all come out the other side....alive.

That's a good thing.

0 comments: