Thursday, August 28, 2008

God of Lost Causes: The Conclusion

Fret not, my Child.

After my melt-down last night, over that final-straw lost shinguard, I took a moment to calm down and shot a little prayer regarding that poor little shinguard. I guess I was more praying for my sanity than I was for the lost shinguard. But at that moment, that shinguard was the link to my fraying sanity.

So, in my tentative calmness, I decided to take a quick gander through the boys' room. I didn't hold out much hope of finding it because I had just cleaned out their room. I swept the flashlight over Luke's bed. Nothing looked remotely like a shinguard. I lifted up the bed skirt....nothing promising. There was a treasure box under there. No reason for a shin guard to be in there...but might as well take a peek.

What do you know? The only thing in that box was that one, solitary shinguard. I'm not sure if someone was trying to play a joke. Or maybe God decided to divinely place it in there. Either which way, I decided it was a divine find. The only thing I could do was to breathe a sigh of relief.

And say Thank You.

0 comments: