Friday, August 29, 2008

'Cause We're Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Don't know when we'll be back again...

Wouldn't that be nice? Actually, the only truth in those words is that we are leaving. We are leaving in a loaded up mini-van and utility trailer. We'll be back on Monday. Sort of wish we were headed to a 5 star hotel with a swimming pool and a coffee bar....but instead we are headed to the middle of no-where to camp. Showers cost about 25 cents for a minute or so. Sleeping on the floor...and playing in the dirt. The kids will be in 7th heaven....I might make it to a 4th or 5th heaven. Ha.

The kids have been camped out in the van for the last hour or so. Tim and I have been hurriedly packing last minute stuff. I am about to vacuum out our stripped down house so that the floors can be replaced. I am exhausted. My mind has been working overtime once my bedraggled body has hit the pillow. Makes for short nights and long days. I'll probably spend the first half hour of the trip crying. Stress relief. Then I'll probably crash....as long as my husband stays awake at the wheel.

Guess I'll check in with you all on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend. Rest well.

I plan to.

0 comments: