Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back to School!!!

Mothers everywhere rejoice!! Today was First Day of School for two of my Precious Sparrows. It is so hard to believe that school is now back in session. Where did the summer go? I think I blinked and it was gone. The years seem to be doing that the older I get.

I can't believe that my beautiful little girl is now in Third Grade. Yikes. It was just yesterday that I was bringing her home from the hospital, scared out of my mind....and now she is bursting out ready to be so independent.
She is becoming such a little lady (though sometimes her attitude is still a little girl!). I am so proud of her. I can hardly wait to hear how her first day went.

Caden, my little man, is now in First grade. He didn't seem anxious at all. His Mama is anxious. He can be such a shy little boy. I worry about new situations for him. He seemed excited to go. His only concern, last night, was that he didn't remember all his phonograms. After a little discussion, he was fine. He has grown up so much in this last year.
My prayers for my children this year is that they will fall in love with school. For Caden, I am praying that he will fall in love with reading, that he will fall in love with his teacher and his teacher will fall in love with him. For Daria, I am praying that she will continue to be a light in her classroom. I am praying that her love for reading and school will continue to grow and become a passion. I am praying for both of them that they will make good friends and be a good friend.

Luke and I have had a pretty quiet morning. I went to coffee with some friends. Luke got to play withhis friends, too. It was good.....even though I should have been home cleaning my house. I can hardly wait to hear how everyone's day went. Even though it is a relief they are in school....I sort of miss them.

Imagine that.

1 comments:

Tresa said...

Cute, cute kids! Hugs from Auntie Tresa!