Tuesday, December 23, 2008

As the Clock Strikes......

It is almost Christmas Eve. Literally. There is about 20 minutes until it is officially Christmas Eve. I just finished wrapping Christmas gifts a couple of minutes ago. I thought I would celebrate by drinking my last little bit of egg nog....and writing a quick blog.

It has been a crazy week. Or a couple of weeks really. I feel like I have been living someone else's life. It is like the snow has distorted everything and things seem the same....and yet totally different all at the same time. The snow has also canceled every single Christmas event that I have had planned thus far. Our Christmas tree reminds me that it really is Christmas. Even our family gathering tomorrow has been moved due to fallen trees at my in-laws. (Guess they are worried that more will fall while we celebrate???)

As I was reading my book last night, one of the characters made a very profound statement: "You make plans and God makes plans, guess who has seniority in the planning department."

That was a good reminder for me last night. God knows all that is happening....and He isn't surprised by it. He is in control...and I am not.

With that, I am off to bed. Merry Christmas!

p.s. Happy Birthday, Kristin....I hope you had a wonderful day!! Love ya!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

thanks my friend! it was definitely a different birthday, but great none the less :-) Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!